Thursday, December 19, 2013

Feeling nostalgic?



In every state of our lives, there will always be a song or several songs which give a mark to it. Don't you agree? There are times when we're probably shopping in malls or just hanging out in a cafe, the music starts playing and you're like "Oh HEY. This song reminds me of when I was 14 and very rebel back then. Wow, time flies." And once you get home you start finding the songs which have those certain memories, and sing along to each and every single song. You just can't help it.

And yes.. you would probably feel old after that. 


So anyways, I came across songs that made me feel nostalgic today and I wanna share them with you.
I can't embed the YouTube videos here because the thing is not working so I'll just put the links here and give the snippets of each song's lyrics. Enjoy!

1. Travis - Closer (2007)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hYn_4yuhc
I've had enough, of this parade.
I'm thinking of, the words to say.
We open up, unfinished parts,
Broken up, its so mellow.

And when I see you then I know it will be next to me
And when I need you then I know you will be there with me
Ill never leave you...

Just need to get closer, closer,
Lean on me now,Lean on me now,
closer, closer,

Lean on me now, Lean on me now.

2. Daniel Bedingfield - If You're not The One (2002)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bFOT1e-AU


I never know what the future brings
But I know you're here with me now
We'll make it through and I hope
You are the one I share my life with
I don't wanna run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you, then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there anyway that I can stay in your arms?

3. Hoobastank - The Reason (2003)

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

4. The Corrs - Summer Sunshine (2004)

In the heat of summer sunshine 
I miss you like nobody else 
In the heat of summer sunshine 
I'll kiss you, and nobody needs to know 

Now that you've left me, there's no retur-ning 
I keep comparing, you're always win-ning 
I try to be strong but you'll never be more wanted 
Will you make me at home? 

5. Dido - White Flag (2003)

I know you think that I shouldn't still love you, 
Or tell you that.
But if I didn't say it, well I'd still have felt it 
where's the sense in that? 

I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder 
Or return to where we were 

I will go down with this ship 
And I won't put my hands up and surrender 
There will be no white flag above my door 
I'm in love and always will be 

6. All American Rejects - Move Along (2005)

Go ahead as you waste your days with thinking
When you fall everyone stands
Another day and you've had your fill of sinking
With the life held in your
Hands are shaking cold
These hands are meant to hold

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
Move along

7. Sarah McLachlan - When She Loved Me (2000)

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful
Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart
And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears
And when she was happy, so was I, when she loved me.

Through the summer and the fall, we had each other, that was all
Just she and I together, like it was meant to be
And when she was lonely, I was there to comfort her
And I knew that she loved me.

8. Jojo - Never Say Goodbye (2004)

No more lonely, no more just me
I've been there before
Ain't going no more
And now that you're here I
Never wanna say goodbye love
Never wanna be without you
No more crying, no denyin'
I'm in love with you
And now that you're here I
I never wanna say goodbye love


Is there any song which makes you feel nostalgic whenever it's played?

Share right in the comments below :D

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

© Janet Valentina
Maira Gall